Monday, April 11, 2011

Molly Mutt - Show us your Stuff Sack

A fantastic entry for our Molly Mutt contest!! 

Well, this isn't actually a picture of my stuff sack (it's filled with an old blanket, leg warmers from an 80s costume (seriously), cloth napkins we got as a wedding present but hate, a flat sheet we don't have the fitted partner to, and some partnerless socks and probably some other things I can't think of) - this is the story of my sustainably re-purposing of the actual Molly Mutt cover.

I purchased the Molly Mutt duvet and sack, well, my sister bought them for me as a "welcome to the family" for Maggie, about a year ago.  Maggie made a few little nibbles on one corner of the bed but it stayed relatively chew free for the first 18 months of her life.

Two weeks ago I got a call at work: "Guess what your dog did?!" (Why is it when she does something bad she's always MY dog?)  I couldn't guess, so I was told.  Inexplicably, Maggie decided to chew her bed and eat almost the entire zipper.  I thought maybe I could just take it to a tailor and have the zipper replaced but no, she had also eaten a large chunk of the side panel.  I swear I fed her breakfast!


I loved the pattern so much though, and thought the decal was so cute (and apparently Maggie is inspired to eat when she sees it) - so I sprayed some old frames I found at the Salvation Army and have hung it as art in Maggie's dining area.   



Two are above her food/water bowls and one is on the shelf with our other display items...for humans to enjoy (that one has her puppy nibbles in it - I had to save them). 

So even though the bed couldn't be saved.  A large portion of it could be, and will live on.



Thanks guys!! 

No comments: