Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Games We Play

I was reading an article the other day that during the winter time, it's still very important to keep your dog(s) active and moving, working and not bored. This is a little tricky with our girls because they will barely move out the door to do their bathroom business and if they do they usually insist on being carried back to the house because it's cold and snowy and they are just too precious to have to endure such things (and since I'm a sucker, I agree and carry them to the house). So I figured that there could be another way to keep their minds busy with a Nina Ottosson interactive toy. I got one all keyed up one morning (putting their favorite treats in the proper slots) and watched how they figured it all out:

MeiMei was a little more interested in it than Miko (which is usually the case)

and it didn't take her long to figure out that there were treats hidden in the puzzle
she quickly figured out how to move the pieces around - leaving Miko on the sidelines watching
she actually managed to move the disks around and got all the treats out!
Then Miko figured out that there was a way to get treats and insisted that I fill it up again so that she could have a go at it
unfortunately, MeiMei wouldn't share her new toy
and, as usual, Miko just continued to sit and stare at it until I gave in and gave her the treats that I had in my hand
so she didn't have a need to play the game anymore
because she already knows who to play in the house
and she is the winner of that game everytime!

Keep your pets busy during the cold winter months with indoor play groups, quick and frequent walks, interactive games and taking them on errands and pet friendly places.

No comments: